Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm not growing up.

I just might be changing. Whether I want to or not, I am getting older.
"My brain somehow thinks that turning 16 will end my life and end my happiness." -Brynn's Dead Journal
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional." -Chili Davis
"You can't stay young forever but you can be immature for the rest of your life." -Unknown
I'm not going to grow up... ever. Nope, not ever. As we sang so many times this summer,"I won't grow up, I don't wanna go to school, I don't wanna wear a tie..."
Well, I don't really love going to school... or wearing a tie but I will. But I will not grow up. I completely refuse. In fact, I think I'm... growing down.
It's a rather enjoyable thing to do. To grow down. Will you join me in this growing down-ness? Please do. We're all secretly little kids still. Aren't we? I still am. I still take baths and blow bubbles and play dress up and close my eyes tight and wish on dandelions. I base the goodness of my day off the trucks I see, I have masquerades with my sisters, I put my underwear on inside out all the time, I got reacquainted with my dear imaginary friend and she helps me when I cry, I still start writing a book every week and forget about it the next, I dance around my room in short dresses pretending I'm a uniquely beautiful girl named Portland, I write an intense book as I walk down the hallway at my High School, I pretend that there's a baby fairy princess living on top of the light next to the broken one in the choir room, I've imagined every possible scenario for meeting my future husband, I still go and visit my old kingdom Zuaguario, and I'm still a little girl.
Please, grow down with me and you'll have almost as much fun as I do. I promise.
Love, as I made my teacher call me in Pre-K, Miss Brynn.

1 comment:

Madison said...

Yes Brynn, I will join you in this growing down-ness.
p.s. I lahve the pictures!