Saturday, February 5, 2011

This Is Summer

There's something about summer that's more than just no school. It makes me happy just by thinking about it.
Last summer never actually ended for me. School has only been a small break from the wonderful summer of 2010. Summer's lasted a long time in me and I don't think it's leaving before the next:)
On the Radio by Regina Spektor reminds me of summer. Mozzarella sticks and Walmart. When I pull all nighters, I can feel summer. I put on sunscreen and it reminds me of the little kids putting it on at EFK:) Rachel, Jason, and Lizzy remind me of summer and I miss them so very much!
When we hang out with Coleman, it's summer too. Explorer Shorts, Dinosaur Shorts, Highlighter Shorts. Barefoot. Sister Simons. Running around in huge thunder and lightning storms! Thinking my mom shot Brenna when it was really only lightning in the field by our house:) P90X! Barefoot. Saying 'Naked' a lot. Barefoot Barefoot. Getting in trouble. and some Barefoot.
Driving to Youth Conference with John sitting behind me, touching my hair and us all singing 'Where are we going? John Moyles house!' Spitting Root Beer on Tyler. 'I'm gonna give all my secrets away.' and so I did. 'I want this to last. I need you by my side.' Cedar Hills 8th ward and EFY. Window!! 'Like a drunk but not.' Kaleb and John playing with my hair as Dani and others dragged me to go see ForFakesBlair with her:) Never stopped singing.
'When a heart breaks no it don't break even' My Kidnapping Kit:) Seeing Lone Peak with no shoes and getting in trouble. The night before High School. Omy. I now can't even remember why I cried so many tears of fear:) Summer was 'officially' over. But for me... nope. It was too good to end and the Summer of 2011 will be even better:)
What!?! It's Saran Wrap instead of Sarana Wrap!? Wow, why didn't anyone tell me!?

1 comment:

Madison said...

Okay. You're killing me! I am truly itching for summer to 'continue' now! Oh just reading this beautiful post makes me feel a little bit of warmth on my face!