Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Window Or Not To Window?

Now that is the question. It is indeed.
This summer all the Man Friends of Cedar Hills 8th Ward would cry out "WhindoOow!!" and I was pretty frustrated for I must know everything there is to know about everyone I know, you see. So, they pretended like there was some big joke about it to make me mad and I found out that it meant nothing at all. It was merely a childish game that one of the Man Friends of Cedar Hills 8th Ward made up on the spot and everyone followed in on it and pretended it meant something.
Well, this is not the Window I speak of.
When Gilbert proposes to Anne, for the first time:) she refuses cuz she doesn't think she loves him and 'Gilbert's just a chum! He's certainly not my idea of a romantic suitor':)
"But everyone expects it. Anne, surely you must feel that way." Gilbert says after she's refused. "But it would be for all the wrong reasons, Gil." she says with tears running down her face. Gilbert looks like he's gonna cry too. (so pretty much I'm sittin' here on the edge of my seat crying:) At the end of the conversation she says she just wants to go on being good friends and she doesn't want anything to change. He has to leave to medical school and she goes and teaches a Girls College (gets proposed to twice while she's there:) and her and Gil meet up again. By then she's realized that Marilla was right. She once said to Marilla that Gilbert's 'hardly my idea of a romantic suitor.' and Marilla said to her,
"Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance. Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for y
ou so that you could stay here with me? He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together. Don't toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn't exist."
But it was too late. Gilbert had proposed to another girl and Anne is very sad and very very upset with her foolishness the first time cuz she's realized she couldn't love anyone else and she was so happy and comfortable around him. She was very sad and so she cried.
I must take baby steps till I'm full grown, full grown. said The Fergie.

5 comments:

Brynnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madison said...

You know what's strange? I didn't know about this "WHINDOOW!" trick until it was all over...
the men in our ward are quite strange... i tried to give a compliment to one of them saying they (as in our ward friends) were men... he gave me a weird look and questioned me, "men?!?" and then he laughed... so much for the compliment!

anywho, you are an amazing poster!! not as in the thing that people plaster all over their wall, but as in the fact that you post beautiful writings on your blog!

Sorry for making this insanely long comment... i'll stop now...
LAHVE YA!

Brynnie said...

No, Maddiey I LOVED the insanely long comment! Haha, that's funny that they did that! Was it T-mo? It was T-mo, wasn't it?:)

And Thankyou so much!! Haha, a wall poster:) I'm actually not too shabby at being a wall poster:) But, thankyou!! That means so much!

I'll stop now:) I LAHVE u so much!

Dani said...

no it was tyler.

Madison said...

no it wasn't t-mo, it was tyler-like dani said.