Wednesday, June 1, 2011

all the styrofoam began to melt away

M'dear friend Maddiey Beardall found this old post that was deleted on accident. Vankyou Vankyou Vankyou, Miss Maddiey McGorgeous for finding this (you're in it P.S. Just in case you didn't realize).




You'll come back when it's over. No need to say goodbye.
If I wasn't so sensitive...
I'd probably listen to songs that are from my summer.
And those songs that are slow and sad. I'd be able to listen to them too.

But just because they can't feel it too.
I'd be able to go to Afrelle with out a single tear accompanying me.
I'd survive everything with out crying.
I could go on vacations and not miss my friends.

 It started out as a feeling.
I wouldn't get so offended by everything people said... or didn't say.
The words "had to be there" wouldn't make me cry... I seem to never have been there.
No one would make fun of me.

Turned into a quiet word.
Hearing a big sister cry wouldn't make me cry too.
Looking through the window well at a best friend cry would not affect me either. 
Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light.
I'd still be able to breathe and see a shooting star at the same time.

Just because everything's changing doesn't mean it's never been this way before.
I would have no trouble changing to my new Self... whom I like better. She kinda has an opinion now.
Change would not be my biggest fear.

All you can do is try to know who your friends are.
I'd tell Tommy that I don't fully have a bad case of ward-itis anymore.
I could tell him that, although I am cured of the ward-itis, I still have the best ward (yes, it's better than yours). 

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger til they're before your eyes.
I'd tell my Self that I've grown up before so there's no need to be afraid.
I could remind my Self that I didn't die last time... I'm not gonna die this time.

Now we're back to the beginning, it's just a feeling that no one knows yet.

2 comments:

Madison said...

I am so glad I found this post! I love it so much!!!

Barry and Julie Hallsted Family said...

This is beautiful Brynnie. How can one girl have so many feelings all bottled up inside that little body?